Monday, December 26, 2011

17 Weeks


How far along?  17 weeks
Total weight gain:  9 lbs
Maternity clothes: mostly tights, no maternity clothes yet.  nighties from la senza are the best!
Stretch marks: no, using lots of bio-oil but i'm still super itchy.  I guess we'll see.  Apparently my mom had them really bad. eeek!
Sleep: Still sleeping great, and I have lots of energy.
Best moment this week: Lots of Christmas food! mmm I could have eaten the entire dish of stuffing.  And getting our first baby gifts.  We now have 3 little sleepers and a baby bather, which of course I had to assemble right away.
Missing anything?  Booze!! Christmas to me, is drinking games with the family.  This baby better be real grateful. lol
Movement:  movements at night mostly.  It doesn't last very long, but it's just enough to let me know he or she's still in there.
Cravings:  Starbucks!  I will probably walk there today, that's how desperate I am. 
Anything making you queasy? leftovers...yuck. enough said.
Gender: we find out in 2 sleeps!
Labour Signs: no
Symptoms: feeling really good this week. no complaints. :)
Belly button: In
Emotions:  happy and excited!!
Excited for:  our first ultrasound, and date night to celebrate.

We've had quite a few predictions over the holidays of whether Baby R will be a boy or a girl.  Every first born girl in our family has a girl first, so that's my mom and sister's reasoning behind thinking it's a girl.  Everyone else says boy, based on the look of my belly.  I always thought I wanted a girl first, but right now I really want a boy.  Maybe it's my body's way of hinting it's a boy.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment