Friday, September 21, 2012

Today, I am a Domestic Goddess.

How it all went down...
  • I made Turkey Chili
 I always just throw a bunch of things in a crock pot for Chili.  There's no science behind it and no way to mess it up.

The goods:

2lbs Ground Turkey
1 onion, diced
2 cans tomato sauce
1 can diced tomatoes
1/2 can kidney beans
1/2 can whole corn
1 carrot, sliced
2 celery stalks, chopped
chili powder... no idea how much...to taste I guess
1/2 pack clubhouse chili seasoning
salt & pepper to taste
Sriracha... a few good squirts

 It's all very accurate and precise... whatever, it turned out Yummy!
  • I took C on an Adventure
Okay...it wasn't quite an adventure.  It was just to the mall.  But we took the glass elevator up and down a couple times, and we discovered her new favourite toy.  Pretty Epic.

His name is Henry.  Sorry Sophie, you've been replaced.
  • I baked Brownies
...and ate more than half. Oops.
 I always use the same recipe that I desperately sough out on Pinterest once my preggers cravings kicked in.  Big thanks to it's creator! I would not have made it through that tough time without you.  You can find it here.
  • I gave myself a face makeover
Because one; my entire face needed work.  I don't get how I lose track and/or stop caring long enough to grow full on hedges where my eyebrows used to be, and two; I bought a too big bag of avocados that soon faced the fate of the compost bin.

I did not however, take any pics of the masterpiece that was my face.  I figured I'd spare you guys when I saw the look on P's face and noticed how quickly he left for his night job. (He's a stripper.  Not really. He plays bass in a sweet band, but he could be a stripper if he wanted extra cash...he does want extra cash, but he knows I'll just spend all of his ones on necessary things like baby nail polish)...FOCUS!...

If you want a soft face that feels like...
I couldn't help it...
When an opportunity presents itself to show cute baby butt, you show cute baby butt.
...blend this and start spackling...

 1/2 ripe avocado
1 whole egg
1 Tbsp Greek yogurt
1 tsp baking soda
1 Tbsp EV olive oil (I wanted to use coconut oil, but we're fresh out)

I left it on for about 10 minutes...

...it kinda burned for a few minutes...
which I know is never good when it comes to your face, but it stopped, and now my skin feels less like a desert and more like a face. Yay!

Hooray for productive/ fun days.  Now I will eat more brownies and watch a couple hours of mindless T.V.  Sometimes Mat. leave is the best kind of leave.




xo,  Kiara









No comments:

Post a Comment