Sunday, November 11, 2012

It's a Mans World

     While operation income suite crawls toward the halfway mark, I find myself doing everything in my power not to be the hugest bitch to ever exist. During the renovations, we've had my Dad sharing our main floor with us. Don't get me wrong, I love my dad to death and he's for sure the coolest dad around and always has been, but I've been living on my own since I was 17 and at times my patience is spread pretty thin.  Nothing tests your patience like living with your parents when you have your own family.

     Laying in bed one night I decided that I would type up a little memo to help me better communicate the craziness I was feeling. I basically PMS vented the shit outta my iPhone notepad.

     In the morning, I sent the memo to the men in my life and hoped that by dinner they'd still want to talk to me.

     Turns out, communication is the key to happy relationships. Who knew?!

     We've made a few small changes and I think everyone feels a little more normal around here. And by everyone, I mean me. The guys couldn't care less about the little changes, big difference thing. They probably think I'm happier because my "unfortunate" time of the month is over. Either way, no one died, so it's a good day.

     I swear they think I'm insane...


     I came home today to my favourite chocolate bar waiting for me on my kitchen table.  I think they got the memo.


xo, Kiara

No comments:

Post a Comment